- The neck liposuction is a surgery that is recommended for younger patients with elastic and smooth skin who want to reduce the fat under the chin (double chin). The double chin liposuction involves making a small incision in the neck, where a cannula is inserted to suck the excess fat.
Since the tube placed is small, the incisions will disappear as soon the inflammation lowers in the area and the scars will be virtually undetectable.
- Therefore, surgery is best indicated for:
- -Adult patients, both men and women who want to improve the aesthetic appearance of double chins.
- -Patients with good skin elasticity.
- -Little or no muscle flaccidity of the neck region.
- -Individuals with clear objectives, and within the real possibilities of the procedure, including being aware of its limitations.
- You will be asked to sign a consent form to ensure that there was a full understanding about the procedure to be conducted and that you are aware of the possible and potential complications. Possible complications of this surgery include: accumulation of blood under the skin (skin), swelling (edema), infection, poor healing, loss of hair at the site of the incision, the facial nerve injuries followed by facial asymmetry, areas with vascular suffering of the skin, areas with loss of sensitivity,thrombus formation and anesthetic complications.
- The intervention can be performed under local anesthesia with sedation or general, and the time spent at the health center may be only a few hours if done outpatient, or one day if you enter the clinic.