Cheiloplasty (Lip treatment)
There are procedures to increase and decrease the thickness of the lips. The techniques of increased thickness of the lips can be classified into:
- Those that provide temporary results in which the effect is limited in time, and the implanted material is eventually reabsorbed by the body, recovering the previous form. Within this category is lip augmentation with hyaluronic acid, in which the effect appears only a few months (2 to 6). It is one of the most performed in the office and requires no hospitalization. It is carried out in half an hour.
- Those that offer permanent or final results, in which the effect remains indefinitely. In this category we include the following techniques:
- Fat Autograft
- Thecheiloplasty or surgical techniques of advance of the inner surface of the lip to the outside by V-Y plasties.
- To reduce the thickness of the lips, removal techniques of the mucous membrane of the inner lip that is in contact with teeth are used, with which they can achieve an adequate contour proportionate to the rest of the face without the existence of an external scar.
- Therefore, surgery is best indicated for:
- -Adult patients, both men and women who want to improve the aesthetic appearance of the lips.
- You will be asked to sign a consent form to ensure that there was a full understanding about the procedure to be conducted and that you are aware of the possible and potential complications. Possible complications of this surgery include: accumulation of blood under the skin (skin), swelling (edema), infection, poor healing, loss of hair at the site of the incision, the facial nerve injuries followed by facial asymmetry, areas with vascular suffering of the skin, areas with loss of sensitivity,thrombus formation and anesthetic complications.